Jobs at AANP
AANP is looking for talented individuals to join us in building the premier organization for NPs everywhere. In addition to competitive benefits, AANP offers a creative work environment with the opportunity for personal growth and success. If you can differentiate yourself and make a positive impact for our organization, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Openings
American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) represents the interests of approximately 205,000 NPs around the country by advocating for the active role of NPs as providers of high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive, patient-centered health care. AANP offers continuing education and professional development for over 60,000 members, including an annual National Conference (over 5,000 attendees), Health Policy Conference (over 300 attendees), and Specialty & Leadership Conference (over 700 attendees). AANP offers competitive compensation and benefits plus a creative, hardworking environment with opportunities for personal growth and success.
AANP is currently seeking an experienced conference professional to manage its Health Policy Conference (HP) and Specialty & Leadership Conference (S&L), and to provide assistance with the National Conference. Qualified applicants will have experience managing the full scope of conferences or events, strong document writing and editing skills, and excellent verbal communication skills.
Key duties of this position include:
- Manage the Association’s Health Policy Conference and Specialty & Leadership Conference under the direction of the Vice President of Conferences & Meetings
- Make necessary preparations for all Conference Committee meetings (HP, S&L, and National), including scheduling, sending out agendas, and taking or reviewing minutes
- Assist in identifying venues and negotiating contracts for HP and S&L, ensuring contracts are fully executed and followed through to completion
- Plan and order signage, booths, room layouts, food & beverage, and traffic flow
- Coordinate staff support for HP and S&L
- Manage the preparation and execution of marketing for events
- Write policies and procedures
- Responsible for review, edits, and enhancements to various documents within the conference preparation process such as registration brochure, conference guide/information booklet
- Participate in all on-site conference activities as needed
- Manage acquisition and shipment of needed equipment and materials for on-site support of HP and S&L
- Review and approve all event-related invoices, and ensure all invoices are received and paid in a timely manner
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree (business management, hospitality, or event management preferred) or equivalent years of experience, plus a minimum five (5) years of additional experience. All experience must be in managing full scope of conferences, meetings, and/or events that utilize convention centers, hotels, and outside vendors.
- Current national meeting/event planning certification, such as Certified Meeting Planner(CMP), preferred
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in document proofing and editing
- Experience writing policy and procedures
- Experience managing the preparation and execution of marketing for events
- Prefer experience with professional healthcare-related conferences and proficiency in medical terminology recognition and usage
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and online applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and detail and to follow policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines; and coordinate with staff, volunteers, and third-party vendors
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the year – includes travel to site visits and planning meetings as assigned, and all AANP conferences
This position is based in Austin, TX at Loop 1/Bee Cave Road
Looking for NP job opportunities or to hire an NP?
Find qualified candidates or search from hundreds of jobs at AANP's Job Center!