Jobs at AANP
AANP is looking for talented individuals to join us in building the premier organization for NPs everywhere. In addition to competitive benefits, AANP offers a creative work environment with the opportunity for personal growth and success. If you can differentiate yourself and make a positive impact for our organization, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Openings
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners has a full-time opening for an Administrative Assistant. This position will provide comprehensive, high-quality customer care to Association members and prospective members via telephone, email and face-to-face.
- Answer inbound phone calls and serve as a one-stop resource for member and customer questions
- Provide timely, helpful, and accurate customer service, including email, telephone, and written communications
- Maintain a log of call types
- Process membership applications and contact individuals as needed for problem resolution
- Research bad email and postal addresses, correct addresses in database, and redeliver messages
- Assist with packing and shipping of materials
- Attend Annual Conference at offsite location for one week
Qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduation or equivalency plus two years of administrative experience required
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient in basic office skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills required
- Ability to perform tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with others
- Demonstrated ability to perform all communication in a courteous and professional manner
This position is based in Austin, TX at Loop1/Bee Cave Rd.
Associate Vice President of Governance & Office Operations
- Coordinate and provide proactive and high quality support for Board functions, including scheduling, communication, and correspondence.
- Prepare agenda and background information for Executive Committee and Board meetings.
- Develop post-board meeting action list and provide follow up as appropriate to assure timely implementation. Work with Recording Secretary as needed to edit and finalize Board minutes.
- Coordinate new Board orientation and Board development initiatives. This may include role descriptions, orientation process, accountability and assessment processes, succession planning and development, and ongoing leadership development and mentorship.
- Develop and maintain role descriptions for volunteer leaders.
- Coordinate online resources for the Board.
- Coordinate meeting and travel arrangements for three in-person Board meetings each year.
- Oversee development and implementation of ongoing committees.
- Assist in committee and departmental budget development.
- Ensure that front-desk staffing meets the needs of the organization.
- Manage business insurance policies for the organization including Directors and Officers, Crime, and Workers Compensation.
- Plan and manage office space and equipment for efficient and optimal use, and serve as liaison with property management.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience
- CAE preferred
- Five years' board management experience
- Five years' experience in a membership association (healthcare association preferred) and/or directly-related practical experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of association governance activities and Board functions
- Significant experience in program management and excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective member of a team, to delegate effectively, and to make high-level management decisions in a timely manner
- Proficient with standard office computers and software
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
This position is based in Austin, TX at Loop 1 and Bee Cave Road
American Association of Nurse Practitioners is hiring a Business Analyst to assist in day to day activities of small and large projects and coordinate resolution of production issues. Work with stakeholders from all business units, information technology (IT), and related third parties to define and document project requirements, develop and execute test plans, assist in production rollout activities, and facilitate production problem resolution. Potential projects include both business and technology initiatives.
Key duties of this position include:
- Facilitate the gathering, documenting, and approval of detail requirements.
- Develop quality assurance test plans and test cases, and execute testing.
- Ensure all issues are identified, documented, tracked, and worked; and verify resolution.
- Communicate timely reports on project status and promptly escalate issues.
- Follow standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of project processes and templates.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- 2-5 years of progressive, broad-based business analysis experience, including IT and business experience.
- Training and experience in project management fundamentals is highly desirable, including experience working with software developers on development and testing of applications.
- Proven ability to gather, validate, and document business requirements, and apply contemporary testing methodologies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- • Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills with IT, business, and management to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
This position is based in Austin, TX at Loop 1/Bee Cave Road
Looking for NP job opportunities or to hire an NP?
Find qualified candidates or search from hundreds of jobs at AANP's Job Center!