Jobs at AANP
AANP is looking for talented individuals to join us in building the premier organization for NPs everywhere. In addition to competitive benefits, AANP offers a creative work environment with the opportunity for personal growth and success. If you can differentiate yourself and make a positive impact for our organization, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Openings
State Health Policy Specialist
American Association of Nurse Practitioners is hiring a policy research and support specialist. Primary duties include researching and tracking state statutes and regulations, grassroots initiatives, website content management, listserv communications, member support on state policy questions, and administrative support associated with state health policy. Position reports to the Vice President of State Government Affairs. Based in Alexandria, VA, the position will require occasional travel.
- Conduct initial screening, ranking, and monitoring of active legislation
- Compile reports on state regulatory environments affecting NP practice
- Conduct research utilizing CQ State Track, Westlaw, and the internet
- Monitor and report on opposition statements, publications, social media, and press
- Coordinate communication related to state policy initiatives, priorities, and activities
- Draft and edit policy information documents such as briefs, newsletters, and web content
- Maintain current website content and social media postings about state policies
- Provide administrative support and screen communications for VP, and provide policy-related support and customer service to members
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum one year of policy experience required; preferably in health policy, research, or paralegal work
- Knowledge of advanced nursing practice issues will be given special consideration
- Proficient with MS Office, Westlaw, and internet searches. Experience with CQ State Track preferred
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in fast paced, focused work environment
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform all communications in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to travel and work at AANP events as needed
This position is based in Alexandria, VA near King St. Metro Station.
Looking for NP job opportunities or to hire an NP?
Find qualified candidates or search from hundreds of jobs at AANP's CareerLink!