Reminder: Strong Start Applications Due August 9
AANP, August 3, 2011
CMS is currently accepting applications for the Strong Start for Mothers and Newborns funding opportunity – a funding opportunity for providers, states, managed care organizations and conveners to test the impact of providing specific enhanced prenatal care approaches to women enrolled in Medicaid and/or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) who are at high risk of having a preterm birth. Interested parties must submit an application by 5:00pm ET on Thursday, August 9, 2012. Information regarding the Strong Start for Mothers and Newborns initiative, including fact sheets and FAQs is available on the Innovation Center's Strong Start Funding Opportunity website.
The following reminders, while not inclusive, can help ensure a qualified application.
- Applications must be submitted through grants.gov by 5:00pm ET on August 9, 2012. We encourage early submissions of applications.
- Ensure that you include all of the required sections of your application (See Appendix F: Application Check-off Cover Sheet). The required content includes:
- Forms and mandatory documents: SF 424: Application for Federal Assistance; SF-424A: Budget Information; SF-424B: Assurances-Non-Construction Programs; SF-LLL: Disclosure of Lobbying Activities; Project Site Location Form(s); Project Abstract Summary
- Letter(s) of agreement from provider partners (only for those applying as a State, MCO, or convener)
- Cover Letter
- Project Narrative
- Work Plan and Timeline
- Budget Narrative
- Note that the Cover Letter, Work Plan and Timeline, and Letter(s) of Agreement should be submitted as separate PDF documents on an "Other Attachment Form."
- Ensure that your narrative sections (i.e. Project Narrative, Budget Narrative, and Work Plan and Timeline) are double-spaced in 12-point font and are no more than 40 double-spaced pages (to include the one page, single-spaced Project Abstract). Tables and charts may be single-spaced in 10-point font (including the Work Plan and Timeline if the Work Plan and/or Timeline are presented in a table or chart format). Letters of Agreement are not included in the page limit.
- All documents should be submitted in PDF format.