FAANP Mentorship Program
Fostering mentorship and leadership.
The FAANP Mentorship Program connects motivated, less-experienced NPs with Fellows who are both leaders in their field and willing to share their expertise to promote the career development of others. Whether you’re interested in becoming a mentor or mentee, we invite you discover the mutually rewarding benefits of FAANP mentorship.
About the FAANP Mentorship Program
Founded in 2006, the FAANP Mentorship Program is grounded in the belief that mentorship should:
- Mutually benefit both the mentee and mentor
- Focus on helping and guiding toward professional goals
- Involve time, energy, initiative, and follow-through to be successful
- Involve mentors as generous learning brokers
- Involve mentees committed to achieving defined objectives
Since its founding, the FAANP Mentorship Program has contributed to significant achievements in programs related to health policy, research, program development, publication and presentation skills, and leadership.
Interested in becoming a mentee? Learn what's required to participate and how to apply via the tabs below.
- FAANP applicants must be active, NP Members of the AANP, and possess personal and professional qualities that ensure success in relationship building and likelihood of goal attainment through program participation.
- The mentorship program requires a one-year commitment from both the expert and the novice. (The application period runs annually from December-January with the formalized one-year program starting in June.)
- Mentors and mentees must be able to invest time, energy and resources into their relationship in order to participate fully and benefit from the experience.
- Mentor-mentee dyads are expected to work together over time and geographic distance.
- Both mentor and mentee are required to submit quarterly summary progress reports.
- The mentor and mentee are expected to attend the National Conference, where the FAANP Mentorship Program will formally begin with an orientation of the program.
Mentorship Program application involves a competitive selection process with a limited number of mentees selected annually.
Applications to the FAANP Mentorship Program are now closed for 2013. The application period for the 2014 Mentorship Program is expected to open in early 2014.