Become an Advocate
Join with AANP and raise your voice. NPs advocate for their patients every day. From issues with insurance companies and pharmacies to the health care delivery system, we address issues at the next level by sharing them with policy makers. Use the resources in this section to speak out and lend your voice to shape the policies that impact your practice and patients.
- When did you last talk with your legislators? - Ideas and tips from AANP's own Dr. Jan Towers and begin connecting with federal legislators, April 2011
- The Rule of 5 - Effective advocacy is all about strong relationships. If you're new to policy, these five simple ideas will get you started on building the policy relationships you need.
- Find your legislator - Connect to elected officials, including the president, members of Congress, governors, state legislators, local officials, and more on the Elected Officials page of AANP's Advocacy Center
- Election Guide - Learn about upcoming elections where you can make your voice heard on the Elections and Candidates page of AANP's Advocacy Center
- Capitol Hill Basics - From how a bill becomes law to what's involved in visiting legislators on Capitol Hill, this four-part offering provides all the basics.