AANP knows that NPs bring more to society than just exceptional health care. That’s why we gather the resources that will maximize your development and further the ability of NPs to impact our profession, our communities and global health.
The doctor of nursing practice (DNP) degree is a terminal practice degree for nurses such as NPs. As the health care environment becomes increasingly complex, the evolution of the DNP degree for NPs has provided opportunities for academic curricula to continue to meet the needs of those preparing to enter the NP role.
For more information check out the following resources:
- AANP Discussion Paper: Doctor of Nursing Practice - Learn about AANP's position on the shift in the academic preparation of nurses in advanced practice.
- The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) website - for an up-to-date listing of universities accepting students into DNP programs preparing NPs and related resources.
- The National Organization of NP Faculties (NONPF) Position Statements and White Papers web page - home to several documents on the DNP.
- NP DNP Education, Certification and Titling: A Unified Statement
To learn more about non-profit boards visit:
- BoardSource - A 501(c)(3) organization that supports, trains and educates more than 60,000 nonprofit board leaders from across the country each year.
- CompassPoint - A consulting, research and training organization providing nonprofits with management tools, strategies and resources to lead change in their communities.