The AANP Research program has been providing indispensable research about NPs and guidance for others interested in similar research since 1985. At the heart of the program is the National NP Database - the only comprehensive database of NPs practicing in the U.S. This rich and growing resource features details on clinical specialties, practice settings and more.
Meeting Our Mission
The Research program plays a significant role in fulfilling AANP's three-part mission:
To promote excellence in NP practice, education and research, the research program collects data and encourages others to conduct their own research.
To shape the future of health care through advancing policy, the research program provides specific stats and trends critical to the work of our health policy staff and volunteer leaders such as AANP state representatives.
To build a positive image of the NP role as leaders in the national and global health care community, AANP research provides data demonstrating high marks on quality of care, the cost effectiveness of that care, and patient satisfaction and acceptance.
- 2012 Membership Survey
- 2011 AANP National NP Compensation Survey
- 2009-2010 AANP National Nurse Practitioner Sample Survey
- Nurse Practitioner Facts 2010-2011
- Nurse Practitioner MSN Tuition Analysis: A Comparison with Medical School Tuition
- 2008 AANP National NP Compensation Survey
- 2007 AANP National NP Compensation Survey
- Executive Summary: AANP Insomnia Survey January 2006
- 2006 AANP Membership Survey
- 2004 AANP National Nurse Practitioner Sample Survey