The following selected resources were compiled to help NPs interested in learning about NP organizations around the globe as well as international organizations dedicated to specific health care issues.
- An Bord Altranais (Irish Nursing Board) - Maintains the register of nurses in Ireland and provides general guidance on the nursing profession.
- Australian College of Nursing - Leading nursing expertise and care through access, learning and advocacy.
- Canadian Association of Advanced Practice Nurses (CAAPN) - A national Canadian organization consisting of more than 500 members, mainly Advanced Practice Nurses, encompassing a multitude of specialties.
- Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS International) - A globally recognized authority on credentials evaluation and verification of the education, registration and licensure of nurses, health care and other professionals worldwide.
- Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa (DNOSA) - DNOSA's International Relations Department builds, sustains and intensifies relations with regional and international institutions and partners.
- International Council of Nurses International Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nursing Network (ICN INP/APNN) - Provides international expertise in education and practice, research, health policy, communications, fundraising/sponsorship, and conferences.
- International Federation of Nurse Anesthetists - Committed to the advancement of educational standards and practices, which will advance the art and science of anesthesiology and thereby support and enhance quality anesthesia care worldwide.
- Nursing Organization of Valencia (Spain) / Colegio de Enfermería de Valencia (España) - Un centro de referencia que proporciona acceso a la educación, investigación, publicaciones, y el conocimiento en la búsqueda de la colaboración y la mejora de la calidad en las profesiones de enfermería y una enfermera practicante.
- Nurse Practitioners' Association of Ontario (Canada) - The professional voice for NPs in Ontario, dedicated to achieving full integration of NPs to ensure accessible high quality health care for all.
- Gic REPASI-ANFIIDE, the French Advanced Practice Nursing Network of Anfiide, the French Association of Nurses and Nursing Students – A network of nurses in France who have developed advanced nursing skills and who serve the community and profession through excellence in quality care.
- Royal College of Nursing, UK - Representing nurses and nursing, promoting excellence in practice and shaping health policies.
- Asociacion Espanola de Enfermeria en Cardiologia (Nursing in Cardiology) - Online, full-text version of the Scientific Journal of the Spanish Associaton of Nursing in Cardiology
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet - An innovative Internet resource that aims to inform practice and policy in Indigenous health by making research and other knowledge readily accessible. Aims to help close the gap in health between Indigenous and other Australians.
- European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) - A European network of nationally-based activists representing and defending the treatment-related interests of people living with HIV and AIDS.
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstruction Lung Disease (GOLD) - Works with health care professionals and public health officials to raise awareness of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and to improve prevention and treatment of this lung disease for patients around the world.
- God's House International - A vanguard for health consciousness. Focusing strongly on the issues of homelessness, health promotion and disease prevention including HIV/AIDS.
- Grounds for Health - An international women's healthcare non-profit specializing in the early detection and treatment of cervical cancer.
- International Chair on Cardiometabolic Risk - An independent, academic and multidisciplinary organization; affiliated with Université Laval here in Quebec City, Canada.
- Northern Rivers General Practice network - Seeks to improve the health of the communities of the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, by working with general practice, other health providers, community groups, and the Australian Government.
- World Gastroenterology Organization (WGO) - A federation of 110 national societies and four regional associations of gastroenterology representing over 50,000 individual members worldwide
- World Health Organization - Responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries, and monitoring and assessing health trends.
- WHO-Eastern Mediterranean Region - Located in Cairo, Egypt, focuses on tackling the health challenges impacting the region during the current economic and political climate.
- WHO-Western Pacific Region - Located in Manila, the Philippines, represents WHO in the Asia Pacific; acts as the health conscience of the region; operates semi-autonomously with its own regional budget.