Education Tools - Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseThe "Inflammatory Bowel Disease Resource Tool for Primary Care" was created by AANP and expert NPs to support the management of patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). The tool is meant to be a resource list of preventive services and recommended testing for patients with IBD. It can easily be implemented in daily practice and supplements many EHRs. AANP developed and produced the educational tool through support from Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC and Takeda Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., U.S. A printable copy of the IBD Resource Tool for Primary Care.
External Inflammatory Bowel Disease Resources
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America - site is geared towards professionals such as NPs. The link below is specific for nurses and NPs with IBD Tips, best practice resource library and information on their preceptorship.
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) - resources for providers on the ACG’s practice guidelines for IBD. Also patient resources available at http://gi.org/acg-institute/ibd-awareness/.
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America - site is for patients and their family members. Offers definitions of Crohn’s and Colitis, resources for living with these, support groups and an IBD help center.
- Crohn’s - http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/crohns-disease/Pages/facts.aspx
- Ulcerative Colitis - http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/ulcerative-colitis/Pages/facts.aspx