Education Tools - Medication Safety
Medication Safety ToolsThe following websites include information for health-care providers and for patient education on medication safety. Inclusion of these links does not imply AANP endorsement.
FDA Information Resources on the Disposal of MedicationsThe Disposal of Unused Medicines: What You Should Know webpage addresses how to safely dispose of expired, unneeded or unused medicines:
- An overview of safe drug disposal, including a description of several methods to eliminate expired, unneeded and unused medications
- Questions and Answers, including advice for patients living in assisted living facilities
- A flush list of the medications that should be flushed down a drain or toilet when no longer needed and when a drug take-back program is not available
- A printable PDF copy of the “flush list”
- Consumer articles on drug disposal and fentanyl