- Contact Us
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) History Committee is tasked with not only locating and preserving past nurse practitioner (NP) history but also with documenting today’s NP accomplishments for future generations. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues into 2021, your stories, experiences and lessons learned will provide an unprecedented level of insight as NPs reflect back 50 or 100 years from now. So, what do you want future NPs to know?
Submit your COVID-19 lessons learned now to have them added to the AANP History Committee's NP History of 2021 document.
The 2021 History Writing Contest submission period is open from March 1-April 9, 2021.
Please complete all fields and submit the form below to have your story be considered in the 2021 NP History Writing Contest. Submissions must include an attached file with the final text of your document. All submissions will be reviewed and scored by the AANP History Committee based on eligibility criteria and will not be shared outside the reviewer group.
Unless otherwise noted, no purchase is necessary to enter or win a prize. A purchase will also not improve your chances of winning.
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States and D.C. only (including territories, possession, and commonwealths) and will be construed and evaluated according to United States Laws. All federal, state and local, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the U.S. or D.C., twenty-one (21) years of age or older, and accessing this site in the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths.
By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
The Sponsor of the Contest is:
American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (“AANP” or “Sponsor”)
5901 Vega Avenue, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78735
Contact us at:
P.O. Box 12846
Austin, TX 78711
1. Eligibility. Participation in this Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Eligibility is limited to individuals who are U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents (as evidenced by a “green card”) and are within the companies’ “restricted class” as defined by the Federal Election Commission regulation 11 C.F.R. 114.1(j). Employees, officers, and directors of the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
2. Contest Period and How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) on March 2, 2021 and end at 11:59 p.m. CT on April 9, 2021 (Contest Period). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. Entrants are responsible for determining the corresponding time zone in their respective jurisdiction. To enter the Contest, visit https://www.aanp.org/history-writing-contest, complete all fields on the website and enter your COVID-19 lessons learned submission. All submissions must be 1,500 words or fewer. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD OF ENTRY USED. By rejecting a Prize, potential Winner disqualifies him or herself from being eligible for Prizes from other AANP-related Contests. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, or not otherwise correctly received due to technical, administrative, or human error; including, but not limited to, any software, hardware, computer or networking issues, or any other circumstances – technical or otherwise – beyond Sponsor’s control. At its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel this contest if it appears that the integrity, security, or administration of this process may be called into question. In such case, Sponsor will select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Submission Requirements. Submissions must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest. They must not contain any content, material, or element that displays any third-party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark, representation of characters indicating a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Submissions must be original, unpublished works that does not contain, incorporate, or otherwise use any content, materials, or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
4. Winner Selection and Prizes. Submissions will be reviewed, scored, and selected by the AANP History Committee based on eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria consists of a rubric based on relevance to the theme, impactfulness, relationship to scope and specialty areas, originality, writing quality, and style. First place submission will receive a Visa gift card worth one-hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00). Second place submission will receive a Visa gift card worth fifty U.S. dollars ($50.00). The Winner will be notified on May 3, 2021 by telephone or email. If a Winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternative Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. If the Winner rejects his or her Prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
5. Conditions and Limitation of Liability. Participation in this Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes Winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by Winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating and/or accepting a Prize, entrants and Winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors, (collectively, the ”Released Parties”) against all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Contest. In addition, the winner agrees that the Released Parties shall have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize. The Released Parties make no warranties—either express or implied—regarding the use or enjoyment of the Prize, including, without limitation, a Prize’s merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor is not responsible if the Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded including, but not limited to, issues arising from travel cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters, weather, governmental actions, or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor retains the right to cancel the Contest at any point of the Contest process, in their sole discretion.
7. Intellectual Property Rights. Entrants warrant that they are the owner of the submission and the intellectual property contained within and confirm that the submission is indeed an original creation. Any intellectual property infringement, misuse, or plagiarism of another person’s work in any form or state in Sponsor’s opinion will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of eligibility to receive all awards, recognition, and prizes. As a condition of entry, Entrant grants Sponsor including its affiliates and related companies a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the submission for any purposes, including display on the AANP website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned.
9. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions. Except where prohibited, any legal claims arising out of or relating to the Contest or these Official Rules must exclusively be brought in the federal, state or local courts located in Travis County, Texas.