Process and Instructions for the Fellows of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (FAANP) Application
Nominations Application Process:
- A Fellow (primary Sponsor) nominates an eligible AANP member (Candidate) through the call to nominations link. At that time, an automated email is sent to the primary Sponsor to confirm sponsorship and a link to the online application portal. Also, at this time, an automated email is sent to the Candidate to provide notification of nomination and a link to the online application portal.
- Through the link provided in the Candidate's email, the Candidate will submit a required, nonrefundable $150 application fee. See terms and conditions. Once payment has been processed, the Candidate will receive an automated emailed receipt for said transaction. Please note: Payment of the application fee grants a Candidate access to the application.
- The Candidate will enter the name of their secondary Sponsor within the application. At that time, an automated email will be sent to the designated secondary Sponsor to provide notification of Sponsorship and a link to the online application portal.
- The candidate will complete their portion of the application, hit save and send it to Sponsors. At that time, an automated email will be sent to both Sponsors to provide notification to complete their portion of the application. Please note: Sponsors are denied entrance to the application portal while the Candidate has access and vice versa. Refer to your application dashboard for details.
- The Sponsors will complete their supporting statements and attestation and review their Candidate’s statements and supporting documents. An automated email will be sent to the Candidate to provide notification once both Sponsors have completed their respective portions of the application. Please note: Candidates are denied entrance to the application portal while the Sponsors have access and vice versa. Refer to your application dashboard for details.
- After a review of the Candidate’s statements and supporting documents, the Sponsors shall provide the Candidate with their feedback. The Candidate will have one last opportunity to make any final edits to their statements and supporting documents based on their Sponsors’ recommendations.
- The Candidate formally submits their application through the online portal. At that time, an automated email will be sent to the Candidate and both Sponsors confirming submission.
- Please note: If said confirmation email is not received, it is your responsibility to confirm application submission with the FAANP office before the application deadline.
General Application Instructions:
- Candidates and Sponsors log in using the same email and password associated with their AANP account (i.e., the email address and password used when accessing any MyAANP online services).
- Candidates must verify their secondary Sponsor by placing the email associated with their AANP account into their contact information section. All text boxes associated with application questions will remain inaccessible until the secondary Sponsor's information is populated in the application.
- The deadline to complete the FAANP Application is 5 p.m. CT (6 p.m. ET) on Wednesday, October 11, 2023. Late submissions or updates will not be accepted.
- The Candidate is to work closely with their primary and secondary Sponsors to develop the content and evidence in support of their application. The Sponsors are to serve as the Candidate’s mentors throughout the application process.
The online application is only supported by the latest version of the following browsers: 1) Google Chrome, 2) Mozilla Firefox, 3) Microsoft Edge and 4) Safari.
If you have any questions regarding the application fee, process or technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
during business hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. CT.