2019 AANP Grants and Scholarship Recipients Announced
AUSTIN, TEXAS (July 8, 2019) — The American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 AANP Grants and Scholarship Program. AANP awarded $122,500 in scholarships and grants to members, and the recipients were acknowledged with their information on display at the 2019 AANP National Conference, which was held in Indianapolis June 18–23.
2019 Grant Award Recipients ($36,000 Total)
- Leah Burt, MS, APRN, ANP-BC, of the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing from Chicago.
- Mary (Beth) Comeaux, MSN, CRNP, of the University of Alabama at Birmingham from Birmingham.
- Leonie DeClerk, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences from Little Rock.
- Aimee Chism Holland, DNP, WHNP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, of the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Nursing from Birmingham.
- Pamela Mapstone, DNP, CPNP-PC, of the University of Rochester St. John Fisher College from Rochester, New York.
- Michaela A. Maynard, MPH, MSN, NP-C, WHNP-BC, of the Miriam Hospital from Providence, R.I.
- Laura Spear, BSN, RN, of Jacksonville University from Jacksonville, Fla.
- Cara C. Young, PhD, RN, FNP-C, of the University of Texas at Austin from Austin.
2019 Scholarship Award Recipients ($86,500 Total)
- Carrie Baker, MSN, FNP-C, of Frontier Nursing University from Pearl City, Hawaii.
- Rachel Brittany Baker, RN, BSN, PHN, PCCN, of the University of Southern California from San Francisco.
- Elizabeth Balleweg, BSN, CCRN, CNN, of Frontier Nursing University from Boise, Idaho.
- April Daniel, BSN, RN, of the University of Texas at Arlington from Cleveland, Texas.
- Lauren W. Deming, RN-BSN, of Westminster College from Salt Lake City.
- Elisa N. Echevarria, BSN, RN, of Florida International University from Miami.
- Angelica Ferrazzi, MSN, RN-BC, CMSRN, of the University of Massachusetts Amherst from Arlington, Va.
- Luisa Clemencia Garcia, APRN, NP-C, of the University of Miami from Hollywood, Fla.
- Marquita Granda, FNP-C, of Oregon Health and Science University from Portland.
- Erica Lynch Grant, BSN, RN, CCRN, of the University of Illinois at Chicago from Chicago.
- Justin Henderson, BSN, CEN, of Maryville University from Salt Lake City.
- Heather M. Karem, RN, BSN, OCN, of the University of Cincinnati from Louisville, Ky.
- Jesse Michael Kay, BSN, RN-BC, CPN, CCRN, TCRN, CCTN, of Duke University School of Nursing from Los Angeles.
- Adaya Kirk, BSN, RN, of the University of Tennessee from Knoxville.
- Jennifer Lackaye, RN, BSN, of Stony Brook University from Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Shannon M. Lewis, MA, BSN, ACM-RN, of George Mason University from Springfield, Va.
- Margot Miller, BSN, RN, CEN, of the University of North Dakota from Grand Forks.
- Christy L. Morris, RN, BSN, of Harding University from Ardmore, Okla.
- Colleen Reilly Moss, MSN, APRN, NNP-BC, of the University of Tennessee Chattanooga from Franklin.
- Jennifer N. Nguyen, BSN, RN, of Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing from Arlington, Va.
- Catherine Orji, RN, BSN-BC, of Frontier Nursing University from Clayton, N.C.
- Janie N. Phillips, RN-BSN, of Vanderbilt University from Wichita, Kan.
- Warren Shadko, RN-BSN, of Anderson University from Hendersonville, N.C.
- Jennifer L. Statkus, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, of the University of St. Francis from North Aurora, Ill.
- Felicitas Suba, MS, APRN, ANP-C, of Molloy College Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing from New York.
- Karen Swain, RN, BSN, of Walden University from Phoenix.
- Claudia Talbot, BSN, RN, of the University of South Florida from Orlando.
- Courtney Taylor, BSN, RN, of the University of Utah from Salt Lake City.
- Tatyana Vasilishin, BSN, RN, PCCN, of the University of Washington from Seattle.
- Loy E. Watson, RN, of Frontier Nursing University from Caldwell, Texas.
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is the largest professional membership organization for nurse practitioners (NPs) of all specialties. It represents the interests of the more than 270,000 licensed NPs in the U.S. AANP provides legislative leadership at the local, state and national levels, advancing health policy; promoting excellence in practice, education and research; and establishing standards that best serve NP patients and other health care consumers. As The Voice of the Nurse Practitioner®, AANP represents the interests of NPs as providers of high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive, patient-centered health care. To locate a nurse practitioner in your community, go to npfinder.com. For more information and to locate an NP in your community, visit WeChooseNPs.org .