2021 AANP Grants and Scholarships Recipients
AUSTIN, TEXAS — The American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) announces the recipients of the 2021 AANP Grants and Scholarships program. During this funding cycle, the association is honored to have awarded $120,000 in professional funding to members through the AANP Grants
and Scholarships program. Those interested in applying for funding may learn more about this program and other opportunities on the AANP website.
2021 Grant Award Recipients
- Stephanie Buxhoeveden, RN, MSN, NP-C, MSCN, of Virginia Commonwealth University from Richmond, Virginia.
- Diana Lerner, MSN, FNP-C, CPN, AE-C, of Children’s Hospital of Orange County from Orange, California.
- Kimberly Strauch, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, of the University of Arizona, College of Nursing from Tucson, Arizona.
- Chun-An Sun, MPhil, RN, of Johns Hopkins School of Nursing from Baltimore, Maryland.
2021 Scholarship Award Recipients
Master’s in Nursing Scholarship
- Kristina Balandan, BSN, RN, of Georgetown University from Randolph, New Jersey.
- Janet Capone, MSN-FNP, of Dominican College from Thiells, New York.
- Juliette Carr, RNC, of Georgetown University from Newfane, Vermont.
- Brandon Erhart, BSN, RN, CCRN, PHRN, of Pennsylvania State University from Millersville, Pennsylvania.
- Kristin Alexuandria-Nicole Garrick, RN, BSN, CHPN, of the University of California, San Francisco from San Lorenzo, California.
- Emily A. Gray, BSN, RN, CCRN, of the University of California, Los Angeles School of Nursing from Los Angeles, California.
- Drew Hayes, RN, BSN, of Frontier Nursing University from Proctor, Minnesota.
- Timothy Hurst, RN, BSN, of Walden University from Newhall, California.
- N.S. Ismail, BSN, RN, of Houston Baptist University from Houston, Texas.
- Bethany J. Kubias, BSN, RN, of Malone University from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Colleen Langnese, RN, CCRN, of Graceland University from Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
- Soleima Mantilla, BSN, RN, of Texas Woman’s University from Dallas, Texas.
- Althea Matteson, BSN, RN-BC, of The George Washington University from Hampstead, North Carolina.
- Nisha Patel, BSN, RN, of Emory University from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Amy Sollars, BSN, RN, of Walden University from Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
- Lana L. Sykes, BSN, RN, of the University of Northern Colorado from Cheyenne, Wyoming.
- Kayla Wilson, BSN, RN, CLC, of Regis College from Huntsville, Alabama.
Doctor of Nursing Practice — Post Master’s
- Kyle Durrant, MSN, RN, of Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing from Brooklyn, New York.
- Vera Gibb, MSN, FNP-C, AQH, of the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston from Pearland, Texas.
- Elizabeth Hood, APRN/CPNP, of Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing from Chicago, Illinois.
- Janet L. Kubas, MSN, APRN-NP, BC, of the University of South Carolina, School of Nursing from Blythewood, South Carolina.
- Kristen Mallon, FNP-C, of Fort Hays State University from Endicott, New York.
- Marisa Massaro, MS-FNP-C, of Stony Brook University from Saint James, New York.
- Garrett Matlick, MSN, MPH, APRN, FNP-BC, of Rush University College of Nursing from Stamford, Connecticut.
- Doris L. Poston, APRN, FNP-C, of Baylor University from Giddings, Texas.
- Colleen M. Shackelford, MSN, APRN, NP-C, of Gonzaga University from Boise, Idaho.
- Joshua D. Thornsberry, MSN, ANP-BC, of the University of Alabama at Birmingham from Powder Springs, Georgia.
- Jenny Veliz-Urzua, FNP-BC, of Purdue University Global from Fremont, California.
- Lori Jean Wachholz, APNP, of the University of Alabama from Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
Doctor of Nursing Practice — BSN to DNP
- Ahlam Dakane, RN, BSN, of Seattle Pacific University from Tukwila, Washington.
- Ciara Demings, RN, BSN, CAPA, of the University of Iowa from Iowa City, Iowa.
- Stephanie Gomez, RN, BSN, of Florida Atlantic University from Davie, Florida.
- Colton E. Gramse, BSN, RN, CIC, DNS-CT, of Union University from Dyersburg, Tennessee.
- Breanna N. Hudik, RN, BSN, OCN, of Montana State University from Great Falls, Montana.
- Lauren Carfley Karcher, BSN, RN, IBCLC, of the University of Washington from Seattle, Washington.
- Jennifer Kennedy, BSN, RN, of Creighton University from Iowa City, Iowa.
- Karen Lin, BSN, RN, of Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing from New York, New York.
- Kate Magsino, BSN, RN, CCRN, of the University of Arizona from Anaheim, California.
Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing or Related Field
- Clifton Thornton, PhD(c), MSN, RN, CPNP, of Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing from Baltimore, Maryland.
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) is the largest professional membership organization for nurse practitioners (NPs) of all specialties. It represents the interests of the more than 325,000 licensed NPs in the U.S. AANP provides legislative leadership at the local, state and national levels, advancing health policy; promoting excellence in practice, education and research; and establishing standards that best serve NPs' patients and other health care consumers. As The Voice of the Nurse Practitioner®, AANP represents the interests of NPs as providers of high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive, patient-centered health care. To locate an NP in your community, visit npfinder.com. For more information about NPs, visit aanp.org. For COVID-19 information from AANP, visit aanp.org/COVID19.