Now Open: The 2021 AANP National Conference Begins Today
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) is pleased to announce the beginning of the 2021 AANP National Conference, which is open now through August 31, 2021.
Today is the day — join more than 4,000 other nurse practitioners (NPs), NP students and health care advocates at the nation’s largest conference for the NP community. This year’s conference has moved online, but it still offers attendees opportunities to connect with NPs of every specialty and practice setting. Plus, attendees will have more than 60 days to earn up to 100 contact hours (CHs) of continuing education (CE) credit!
All attendees will want to be sure to join the Opening General Session — the conference’s first live event — this Thursday, June 17, at 2 p.m. ET (1 p.m. CT). This session is your chance to:
- Gain tips and tricks on making the most of your conference experience from current AANP President Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP; AANP President Elect April N. Kapu, DNP, APRN, ACNP- BC, FAANP, FCCM, FAAN; and AANP Chief Executive Officer Jon Fanning MS, CAE, CNED.
- Review what’s been going on at AANP throughout the past year, such as legislative successes for NPs across the country, grants and scholarships awarded to AANP members, innovative ways you can hear the latest NP news and how NPs have combatted COVID-19 during the pandemic.
- Hear from a very special patient who will offer his perspective on why he chooses an NP for his health care needs — and be among the first to view AANP’s upcoming commercial, which will air in markets nationwide to highlight high-quality, NP-provided care.
- Watch an interview with keynote speaker Cindy McCain, a passionate humanitarian leader, a relentless defender of women, an advocate of early childhood education and a steadfast activist in the fight against human trafficking, who will share her thoughts on the challenges that face our world today. Her dedication to improving the lives of those less fortunate in the U.S. and around the world inspires audiences everywhere to a life of service.
Meet and Greet Your Fellow Attendees
The 2021 AANP National Conference Attendee Forum is your way to create and develop relationships with NPs from near and far. By registering for conference, you have been automatically invited to join this online forum, so get started on the right foot by joining in the conversation with your fellow conference attendees!
Are you not sure where to begin? Consider some of these conversation starters:
- Share why you decided to attend the 2021 AANP National Conference and what sessions you are most looking forward to experiencing.
- Start a new discussion thread about the surprising lessons and biggest takeaways you’ve gained at this year’s conference and ask others what they’ve learned.
- Ask for recommendations from those who have attended multiple conferences — they may share their favorite conference speakers or exhibitors, encourage you to view the posters and give you tips on downloading the session handouts for helpful note taking.
- Examine the possibilities or opportunities you see for NPs in 2021, and list one way you’re going to take advantage. Ask for diverse opinions from your fellow attendees.
- Discuss why you became an NP and what you love about your work; then, identify a few ways this conference will help you succeed in your NP career. Invite others to do the same!
Next, find your community at conference by attending the can’t-miss AANP Communities sessions. These approximately 1.0-CH CE sessions provide information on key updates, emerging issues, innovations and hot topics within each of the participating AANP Specialty Practice Groups (SPGs) or Specialty Interest Groups (SIGs). If you aren’t currently a member of an SPG or SIG, you can still attend one — or more — of these sessions to get a feel for the member experience.
During the conference period, you can also participate in a special Twitter chat co-hosted by Community co-chairs, who will highlight developments within their specialty practice or interest areas. Details about the chat will be shared in future conference attendee e-newsletters, so watch your email inbox for more information.
Are you currently a member of an SPG or SIG? A special Ask the Experts discussion thread within your AANP Community forum will accompany each CE session, giving you the opportunity to follow up with the speakers, dig deeper into session topics and connect with your fellow Community members. You must be a current AANP Community member to participate in the Ask the Experts discussion. If you are interested in participating, join as many AANP Communities as you like for just $20 each, billed annually.
Why You Want to Attend the 2021 AANP National Conference
If you aren’t already registered for the 2021 AANP National Conference, secure your place before registration closes on July 30! By registering now, you will be able to:
- Attend all the live events the day they are presented, beginning with Thursday’s Opening General Session.
- Choose from many industry product theaters, which are non-CE educational presentations funded entirely by the supporting or sponsoring company.
- Explore the online exhibitor pages over the course of more than two months, giving you plenty of time to see on-demand resources, learn about health care companies and see the latest products and services to help you excel in practice.
- View more than 80 posters from your peers that feature the latest evidence in the field, along with many posters from industry leaders, over the entire course of the conference period.
- See if you are eligible to contribute to advancing the NP Research Agenda through the Data Collection Program at National Conference. Explore all opportunities via the conference platform homepage by clicking on the Participate in NP-focused Research bubble.
- Download your 2021 AANP National Conference Attendee Bag, which includes exclusive offers and information just for this year’s attendees.
Don’t forget: Registration ends on Friday, July 30, and the conference platform closes on Tuesday, August 31. Join your NP community online this summer, earn the CE you need and gain the skills to advance your practice and the NP role.