The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is seeking a qualified professional to serve as its new Vice President of Research. This person will provide direct oversight of all research and national NP database activities and will guide the planning, development and implementation of activities and programs of the research department to meet AANP and department strategic goals.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate degree (doctorate preferred) in an area such as an NP role, health services research, public health or quantitative social science; NP preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience with one or more of the following: comparative effectiveness research, survey and patient-reported outcomes research or health care utilization and impact
- Minimum five years’ experience managing employees and leading a team of high performers
- Minimum five years’ experience developing and managing research budgets, including grant funding
- Broad working knowledge of research methods
- Documented success in grant writing and a strong publication record
- Computer competencies involving a variety of research, survey and statistical software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collegially with other departments, external partners and funders
- Experience working in an association preferred
- Scan environment to identify trends, challenges and opportunities related to organizational and Practice Based Research Network (PBRN) research activities
- Establish research directions, goals and objectives consistent with AANP strategic goals
- Act as the AANP Network for Research Director to establish research directions, goals and objectives
- Establish and implement research policies and procedures, ensuring conformance with accepted standards
- Execute and produce all organizational research
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the AANP national NP database, collaborating with IT and project management teams
- Secure and oversee the administration of research grants and other support for NP research from sources such as foundations, government agencies and industry sources
- Create mechanisms that will generate revenue for the research department and organization
- Serve as a resource and consultant to the elected leadership and staff on research-related concepts and practices
- Represent the association as requested by the CEO and COO in a positive manner, promoting AANP and the NP role, actively engaging others and developing and maintaining effective alliances and partnerships consistent with the AANP mission and strategic direction
- Publish research findings in reputable journals and present research findings at conferences
- Work with the COO and other executive staff on the development of the association’s annual budget; develop and oversee the department budget specific to attaining the strategic goals
- Ensure that staffing meets the needs of the department: recommend, arrange for, supervise and monitor staff performance; contribute to training, coaching and development; and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner
This full-time position is based in Austin, Texas, at S. Loop 1 and Bee Cave Road.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
AANP is the largest and only full-service professional membership organization in the United States for nurse practitioners (NPs) of all specialties, with more than individual members. AANP is unique among NP organizations by its number of members, well-established education department and network of relationships with state‐level groups. With a network of more than 200 NP Organization members, including other national, state and local NP organizations, it provides a unique reach to NPs in a wide range of communities and settings.
As The Voice of the Nurse Practitioner®, AANP represents the interests of more than NPs around the country, advocating for the active role of NPs as providers of high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive, patient-centered health care.
The mission of AANP is to empower all NPs to advance quality health care through practice, education, advocacy, research and leadership. AANP offers excellent benefits and a great work environment.