The American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) is looking for an experienced Social Media Specialist. This role will promote, listen, engage and communicate with our members, stakeholders and partners, primarily through social media and online platforms. The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer, able to switch writing styles to engage with different audiences and target groups. The Social Media Specialist’s contributions will have a direct impact on AANP’s recruitment and retention efforts through social media best practices.
- Follow corporate policies and guidelines to ensure consistency in brand voice and adherence to our overarching social strategy.
- Assist in the design and implementation of strategies for enhancing member engagement via social media.
- Manage social media accounts on multiple platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube and other social media platforms as needed.
- Explore new and emerging social platforms to identify new opportunities to reach members and other stakeholders.
- Perform advanced research, writing, editing and production of materials for digital and social media channels.
- Use real-time social media monitoring tools such as Hootsuite to identify breaking news, media issues and time sensitive trends and to analyze and optimize social media campaigns.
- Develop weekly social media metrics reports and recommendations.
- Develop content calendars and schedule posts or tweets to ensure messaging is deployed on schedule and is consistent with brand initiatives.
- Serve as a direct point of contact for all social client communication and own the customer service interactions that funnel through the social media channels.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and team to create and execute social media special projects including live streaming and interactive social media content curation for meetings and events.
- Coordinate with communication team and PR firm to ensure posts of ongoing campaigns are approved (e.g., We Choose NPs).
- Coordinate efforts with media agency and AANP staff to monitor and respond to inaccurate or negative information on social and traditional media.
- Follow social media legal guidelines and best practices.
- Support larger-scale blogger and influencer engagement programs by sharing coverage on social media channels.
- Stay updated on current issues and events, as well as trends, tools and best practices in social media to maximize opportunities and continually evolve our social media strategy.
- Travel up to five times during the year.
Qualifications for this position include:
Minimum of four years of social media, online communication and digital marketing experience. Previous work involving membership or associations is preferred.
- BA in Creative Writing, Journalism, English, Communications or other comparable fields.
- Excellent writing skills, including working knowledge of AP style.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in managing social media advertising campaigns.
- An established personal or business-related online presence via blog, social media and other web media.
- Solid understanding of Facebook and Instagram Insights, Twitter Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro or similar tools preferred.
- Experience with visual communication, design thinking, infographics and podcasting is preferred.
- Working experience with Google Tag Manager preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in social media judgement.
- Organized self-starter with the ability to work independently, multi-task and handle time-sensitive material in a fast-paced work environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
- Experience planning, executing and reporting for campaigns across social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube.
This position will be based in our new headquarters located in the South MoPac Expwy and Southwest Parkway area of Austin, TX. We offer attractive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; employer 401(K) match; generous paid time-off; on-site gym; free coffee bar and snacks and a great work environment.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
AANP is the largest and only full-service professional membership organization in the United States for nurse practitioners (NPs) of all specialties, with more than 99,000 individual members. AANP is unique among NP organizations by its number of members, well-established continuing education and accreditation program and network of relationships with state‐level groups. With a network of more than 200 NP Organization members, including other national, state and local NP organizations, AANP provides a unique reach to NPs in a wide range of communities and settings.
As The Voice of the Nurse Practitioner®, AANP represents the interests of more than NPs around the country, advocating for the active role of NPs as providers of high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive, patient-centered health care.
The mission of AANP is to empower all NPs to advance quality health care through practice, education, advocacy, research and leadership. AANP offers excellent benefits and a great work environment.