The American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) is seeking a qualified professional to serve as its Vice President of Education and Accreditation. This position will direct the educational grant, continuing education (CE) and accreditation efforts of the association, overseeing and guiding the planning, development and implementation of departmental activities and programs to meet strategic goals. Reports to the AANP Chief Operations Officer. The expected starting date is April 5, 2021.
- Establish direction, goals and objectives for the education and accreditation department that are consistent with AANP’s strategic plan, industry trends and the association’s challenges and opportunities.
- Establish or approve education and accreditation policies and procedures, providing direction in their implementation to ensure conformance and alignment with accepted standards.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging clinical and therapeutic developments, as well as nurse practitioner (NP) and NP student health care and professional education trends, in order to identify and prioritize educational program opportunities, needs and potential challenges.
- Oversee all departmental activities, including securing external funding and grants, developing and implementing CE programs, maintaining the AANP learning management system (LMS) and managing the accreditation process.
- Determine the appropriate staff level, skill mix and other budgetary needs for departmental activities.
- Ensure ongoing evaluation of departmental activities and programs, providing periodic written reports and updates to the AANP Chief Executive Officer and the board of directors.
- Ensure timely and appropriate annual performance evaluations of all direct reports.
- Execute and administer all agreements and contracts for the department, ensuring timely and appropriate implementation and completion of specified responsibilities.
- Serve as education and accreditation liaison for AANP conferences, in collaboration with appointed volunteers and Meeting Management Associates. Participate on all conference committee calls and in all session selection meetings. Provide information on the educational needs of AANP members, based on the annual Education Needs Assessment survey, in coordination with AANP’s research team. Attend all AANP conferences, and staff them as needed.
- Serve as the primary resource and consultant to elected leadership and staff on education- and accreditation-related concepts and practices.
- Liaise with other organizations, agencies and groups, including the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB), participating in education-related activities, projects and programs.
- Actively participate in senior staff management and planning meetings.
- Promote the organization's education programs and resources, through various means.
- Represent the association in a positive and thoughtful manner, promoting AANP and the NP role, actively engaging others and developing and maintaining effective alliances and partnerships, consistent with the AANP mission and strategic direction.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Nurse practitioner with a minimum of six years of clinical experience, preferred certification in Family, Adult or Adult/Gerontology.
- Five years of leadership experience is required.
- Graduate degree (doctorate preferred) in nursing or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and professional education is critical.
- Experience developing CE and non-CE education activities is required.
- Experience with accreditation of health care-related education is preferred.
- Experience in grant writing is preferred.
- Prior association experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and internet search engines is required.
- Ability to work with a good team spirit and work collegially with other departments.
- Established contacts and working relationships with other nursing organizations is preferred.
- Ability to travel is required.
This position will be based in our headquarters located in the South MoPac Expwy and Southwest Parkway area of Austin, Texas. AANP offers attractive compensation; health, dental and vision insurance; employer 401(K) match; generous paid time-off; an on-site gym; free coffee bars and snacks; and a great work environment.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
AANP is the largest and only full-service professional membership organization in the United States for nurse practitioners (NPs) of all specialties, with more than individual members. AANP is unique among NP organizations by its number of members, well-established education department and network of relationships with state‐level groups. With a network of more than 200 NP Organization members, including other national, state and local NP organizations, it provides a unique reach to NPs in a wide range of communities and settings.
As The Voice of the Nurse Practitioner®, AANP represents the interests of more than NPs around the country, advocating for the active role of NPs as providers of high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive, patient-centered health care.
The mission of AANP is to empower all NPs to advance quality health care through practice, education, advocacy, research and leadership. AANP offers excellent benefits and a great work environment.