Jobs at AANP
AANP is looking for talented individuals to join us in building the premier organization for NPs everywhere. In addition to competitive benefits, AANP offers a creative work environment with the opportunity for personal growth and success. If you can differentiate yourself and make a positive impact for our organization, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Openings
Project and Grant Coordinator
American Association of Nurse Practitioners is hiring an experienced administrative professional to provide coordination for the Education Department's activities and coordination of grant submissions, tracking, analysis, administration, and reconciliation.
- Provide general project support for the Education Department
- Facilitate gathering, documenting, and approval of project scope and detail requirements
- Develop detailed project schedules, estimates, and resource plans
- Coordinate and track progress of education project plans and timely completion of all deliverables
- Develop outcomes surveys and coordinate testing resources and schedules
- Ensure all issues are identified, assigned, tracked and worked, and verified resolved
- Assist in the composition and editing of grant requests for submission
- Accurately enter grant requests/proposals into funders' required formats and programs
- Complete interim and final reconciliations of grant expenses and agreements
Qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum associate's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years of administrative experience in a financial, accounting, grant coordination, or project management role, with project and grant coordination experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills in spreadsheet applications (Excel preferred), account reconciliation, and numeric reporting
- Ability to coordinate projects from inception to successful implementation
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both verbal and written) with emphasis placed on strong document editing and writing skills
- Sound critical thinking and organizational skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Demonstrated ability to perform all communications in a courteous and professional manner
This position is based in Austin, TX at Loop 1 and Bee Cave Road.
State Government Affairs Department, Policy Coordinator
American Association of Nurse Practitioners is hiring a Policy Coordinator to provide policy research and administrative support for the AANP State Government Affairs Department. Primary responsibilities include research assistance on state-level health policy issues, coordinating communication and administrative support for state health policy tracking, and grassroots engagement. Position will coordinate website content, listserv communication, and member support of state policy issues.
- Coordinate state policy data and draft reports
- Assist with research and maintain database on state statutes, regulations, and policies
- Monitor and report on opposition statements in publications, social media, and press
- Coordinate website content and social media related to state policy initiatives
- Draft policy documents, handouts, and fact sheets
- Provide general administrative support for department including data entry, preparing materials for presentations and reports, managing incoming member queries and communications, and screening communications
Qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one year policy experience
- Experience in advanced practice nursing policy or health policy research preferred
- Proficient with MS Office, Westlaw, and internet searches required; experience with state legislative and regulatory tracking software preferred
- Proficient with desktop publishing software
- Demonstrated effective critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines; ability to work in a fast paced, focused work environment
This position is based in Alexandria, VA near King St. Metro Station.
Looking for NP job opportunities or to hire an NP?
Find qualified candidates or search from hundreds of jobs at AANP's Job Center!