Jobs at AANP
AANP is looking for talented individuals to join us in building the premier organization for NPs everywhere. In addition to competitive benefits, AANP offers a creative work environment with the opportunity for personal growth and success. If you can differentiate yourself and make a positive impact for our organization, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Openings
Director of Reimbursement & Regulatory Affairs
- Review, interpret and analyze regulations (both state, federal and industry policy) to identify tendencies and trends that impact nurse practitioner reimbursement.
- Represent AANP in meetings with representatives of private health insurers and other non-governmental entities that have impact on the reimbursement and practice of nurse practitioners.
- Represent AANP in meetings with officials from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and relevant advisory panels, Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, Food and Drug Administration and relevant advisory panels, and other executive-branch agency personnel as appropriate to provide insight as to how changes will impact NP practice.
- Review pertinent publications and web sites regularly, and identify relevant reimbursement trends that affect the nurse practitioner profession.
- Respond to individual member and nonmember requests for assistance, via telephone calls, e-mails, or letters on matters of reimbursement.
- Create summaries and obtain necessary information regarding trends, updates and changes related to reimbursement. Distribute to members, informing them as to how these changes will impact their practice.
- Master's degree or equivalent related experience.
- Four to five years of related experience, with particular exposure to the Medicare Part A and Part B programs, Medicaid and private health care payment systems.
- Capable of analyzing complex situations, identifying pertinent facts and issues, and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, writing, and communications skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as appropriate, exercising sound judgment concerning when consultation is necessary.
- Can work quickly and efficiently without compromising quality.
- Works cooperatively with others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, especially Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to travel locally for meetings.
This position is based in Alexandria, VA near King St. Metro Station
IT Developer I
American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is seeking an IT Developer I to develop code to create new functionality or modify existing functionality in AANP Applications, SQL Server databases, and Association Management Systems; create one-time and on-going reports that allow staff to retrieve data; and facilitate data input, storage, and retrieval.
- Work with team to design, code, test, debug, document, modify, install, integrate, and maintain .Net programs and association management applications
- Develop SQL queries, stored procedures, and views of varying size and complexity to meet business requirements
- Plan, develop, and create reports on SQL Server databases using Excel, Crystal, Aptify, or similar reporting solution
- Assist with collecting, analyzing, and summarizing application and database performance and trends; and provide reports upon request
- Document procedures and instructional materials
- Translate requirement concepts between business and technical personnel
- Educate and advise internal clients on how to leverage available data, reports, and tools
- Plan and execute testing and implementation of reports, applications, and other solutions
- Monitor programs for expected performance and respond to errors and emergency problems
- Assist with data integration and reports using built-in and 3rd-party import tools
- Collaborate with the internal IT Team, staff, management, hosting providers, and 3rd party development teams on design, construction, and implementation of applications and databases
- Perform routine and customary operational and monitoring activities to ensure the database environment is stable and capable of meeting ongoing business needs
- Evaluate technology and techniques to implement and maintain databases and database environment
- Develop, implement, and test backup and recovery plans
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS, or equivalent experience
- Must have 1-4 years of experience with .Net development and Visual Studio
- Must have 1-4 years of experience with 3 or more of these technologies - MVC, IIS, nHibernate or Entity framework, JQuery, Elmah, REST APIs, MBUnit, XUnit, and WatiN
- Must have 1-4 years of strong SQL background in query building, stored procedures, and views plus Crystal reports
- 2+ years of experience with report development, publications, and distribution using common technologies such as Excel, Crystal, SSRS, etc.
- 2+ years of experience designing and creating complex reports from multiple data sources
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server Data import or Integration Services (SSIS)
- 2+ years of experience with database technology
- Must have knowledge of or exposure to SQL Server 2008 -- 2016 and Microsoft SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Experience using Aptify Association Management Software (AMS) and integrating .Net applications using AMS Application Program Interfaces (APIs) desired
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required
- Knowledge and experience with relational and conventional database technology, and data modeling concepts, tools, and techniques
- Ability to think logically to interpret and analyze problems assigned or encountered
- Ability to translate requirement concepts between business and technical personnel
This position is based in Austin, TX at Loop 1 and Bee Cave Road
State Government Affairs: Policy Analyst
American Association of Nurse Practitioners is hiring a policy analyst to provide legislative research and analysis of state statutes and regulations, synthesis of profession-related research, and tracking of active state legislative and regulatory initiatives. This position will work with the Vice President of State Government Affairs to develop strategies addressing state legislative, regulatory, and policy issues of concern to AANP and nurse practitioners. The position is based in Alexandria, VA and will require occasional travel.
- Track, analyze and screen active legislation and regulatory proposals, and coordinate engagement with stakeholders
- Draft legislative resource guides and best practice documents for stakeholders
- Draft legislation for state representatives and NP organization members pursuing policy changes
- Prepare policy issue briefs, reports, newsletters and website content
- Conduct policy research and analysis on current and emerging topic areas of importance
- Attend and present at policy and leadership meetings and conferences
- Coordinate with AANP's federal team and other AANP departments on crossover assignments
- Coordinate with Communications department on grassroots messaging and member communication of state initiatives, priorities, and activities
Qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience in policy analysis
- Minimum three years of state policy experience required. Prefer experience in state health and public policy, research, or paralegal work
- Candidates with a knowledge of advanced nursing practice policy issues will be given special consideration
- Proficient with MS Office, Westlaw, and internet searches. Experience with state legislative and regulatory tracking and legal software preferred.
- Strong writing, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, focused work environment
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform all communication in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to travel and work at AANP Conferences and events as needed
This position is based in Alexandria, VA near King St. Metro Station.
Looking for NP job opportunities or to hire an NP?
Find qualified candidates or search from hundreds of jobs at AANP's Job Center!