Jobs at AANP
AANP is looking for talented individuals to join us in building the premier organization for NPs everywhere. In addition to competitive benefits, AANP offers a creative work environment with the opportunity for personal growth and success. If you can differentiate yourself and make a positive impact for our organization, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Openings
Assistant Project Manager
- Facilitate gathering, documenting and approving project scope and detail requirements.
- Develop detailed project schedules, estimates and resource plans.
- Track progress against plan, including timely quality completion of all deliverables.
- Develop quality assurance test plans and coordinate testing resources and schedules.
- Monitor and coordinate project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Ensure all issues are identified, assigned, tracked and worked, and verified resolved.
- Ensure all significant risks are identified, and that mitigation plans are developed and incorporated into project activities.
- Manage internal and external customer expectations
- Assist with project management duties on large projects.
- Communicate timely reports on project status and promptly escalate project issues.
- Follow standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Assist in reviewing and documenting business processes and in identifying, documenting and implementing business process improvements.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of project processes and templates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- 2-4 years of progressive broad-based business analysis and project management experience with IT and business experience. Experience working with software developers and testing of applications is highly desirable.
- Solid project management skills, including understanding of PMI best practices, with ability to manage multiple small projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Experience in documenting business processes.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Technical proficiency in hardware and systems software, as well as experience implementing packages and working with vendors.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
This position is based in Austin, TX at Loop 1 and Bee Cave Road
State Government Affairs: Policy Analyst
American Association of Nurse Practitioners is hiring a policy analyst to provide legislative research of state statutes and regulations, synthesis of profession-related research, and administrative support associated with state health policy tracking, communication, and grassroots initiatives. The position is based in Alexandria, VA and will require occasional travel. Reports to the Vice President of State Government Affairs.
- Compile reports on state regulatory environments affecting NP practice
- Conduct research utilizing CQ State Track, Westlaw, and the internet
- Monitor and report on opposition statements, publications, social media, and press
- Assist with state bill screening, ranking, and monitoring of active legislation
- Coordinate communication related to state policy initiatives, priorities, and activities
- Draft and edit policy information documents such as briefs, newsletters, and web content
- Maintain current website content and social media postings about state policies
- Provide administrative support and screen communications for VP, and provide policy-related support and customer service to members
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum one year of state policy experience required; preferably in health policy, research, or paralegal work
- Knowledge of advanced nursing practice issues will be given special consideration
- Proficient with MS Office, Westlaw, and internet searches. Experience with CQ State Track preferred
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in fast paced, focused work environment
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform all communications in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to travel and work at AANP events as needed
This position is based in Alexandria, VA near King St. Metro Station.
Looking for NP job opportunities or to hire an NP?
Find qualified candidates or search from hundreds of jobs at AANP's Job Center!