Jobs at AANP
AANP is looking for talented individuals to join us in building the premier organization for NPs everywhere. In addition to competitive benefits, AANP offers a creative work environment with the opportunity for personal growth and success. If you can differentiate yourself and make a positive impact for our organization, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Openings
Chief Operating Officer
AANP is seeking a COO to lead operations of its Administration Office in Austin, Texas. AANP has experienced tremendous growth over the last three years, most notably: increased revenues by 84%, increased membership by 83%, and increased staff by 72%. Naturally all operations have increased proportionately. In light of the rapid growth that the association has experienced over the last few years and anticipates continuing into the foreseeable future, the COO is responsible for leading all operational aspects of the Administration Office and will ensure that business processes, operations, staffing, and resources are in place to effectively run the organization and advance strategic goals.
The COO will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the association has the proper operational processes and controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. This position is responsible for finance, membership, conference and meeting planning, information technology, project management, facilities, risk management, human resources, communications and marketing, research, and education.
- Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence and a leadership style that reflects mature interpersonal skills, inspires excellence, rewards accountability, supports team building, enables staff success, and fosters sharing of knowledge and resources
- Drive the association to achieve and surpass performance, financial, and business goals and objectives; lead the development of strategic goals and operating plans; and make decisions in support of those objectives
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external processes, developing & reporting on key metrics, and providing timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the association
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization
- Motivate and lead a high performance leadership team, and provide mentoring for career development
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment throughout the association
- Responsible for managing contract creation, execution, analysis, and negotiation for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational performance and minimizing risk
- Assist with identifying, assessing, and quantifying business risks, and taking measures to control or reduce the risks faced by the organization, including implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Coordinate development and implementation of an annual operations plan to ensure efficient and effective systems and increase productivity
- Collaborate with vice presidents to establish annual budget, and follow through with controls on operations and costs
- Lead & manage the organization's vice presidents in the following areas: Finance & Membership, Conference & Meeting Planning, Information Technology, Project Management, Facilities & Risk Management, Human Resources, Communications & Marketing, Research, and Education
- Exercise significant autonomy and regularly meet with the CEO to provide updates on operations and special projects
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in business or law preferred
- 15 years of experience and a proven track record in operations, diverse business functions, and leadership
- Association leadership experience is a plus
- Experience with contracts and negotiating
- Demonstrated skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, and experience coordinating workflow and resource management
- Experience formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to motivate teams and delegate effectively
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and initiatives
- Skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to the association
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, quantitative, and organizational skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Comfortable making decisions and tactfully dealing with conflict
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with standard office computers and software
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time
This position is based in Austin, TX at South Loop1 and Bee Cave Road
About AANP: American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) formed in 1985 to provide Nurse Practitioners (NPs) with a unified way to network and advocate for NP issues, and it was the first national organization created for nurse practitioners of all specialties. As the largest and only full-service professional membership organization for NPs of all specialties, AANP represents the interests of the more than 220,000 NPs currently practicing in the U. S. and continually advocates at local, state, and federal levels for the recognition of NPs as providers of high-quality, cost-effective, and personalized healthcare.
AANP’s mission is to empower all nurse practitioners to advance quality health care through practice, education, advocacy, research and leadership.
Learn more about AANP at www.aanp.org.
Looking for NP job opportunities or to hire an NP?
Find qualified candidates or search from hundreds of jobs at AANP's Job Center!