Jobs at AANP
AANP is looking for talented individuals to join us in building the premier organization for NPs everywhere. In addition to competitive benefits, AANP offers a creative work environment with the opportunity for personal growth and success. If you can differentiate yourself and make a positive impact for our organization, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Openings
Continuing Education Accreditation Manager
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is seeking a qualified person for the position of Continuing Education Accreditation Manager. Primary responsibilities include the overall effective management for all aspects of the AANP Accreditation process which includes reviewing and approving applications for AANP credit for continuing education activities. The prospective candidate should be a registered nurse, self-directed, detail-oriented, and be comfortable making authoritative decisions related to the AANP Accreditation program. This position reports to the VP of Education.
- Serve as primary staff/organizational resource on the AANP Accreditation process and the AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies
- Effectively manage all aspects of the accreditation (continuing education credit) review and approval process
- Manage the workflow of administrative staff associated with the accreditation program
- Using a systematic approach, review all individual accreditation and AANP Provider applications for approval in accordance with the AANP Standards and Policies
- Communicate with and support all applicants for AANP Accreditation and the AANP Approved Provider program
- Conduct regular auditing and other monitoring processes of the AANP Approved Provider program
- Maintain records/data and facilitate reports on accreditation activities
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field; graduate degree preferred
- 5 years of nursing experience
- Knowledge of content appropriate for health care provider (nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or physician) continuing education activities
- Knowledgeable in adult learning principles
- Experience in accreditation processes for healthcare educational activities preferred
- Certification as a Certified Healthcare CPD Professional (CHCP) preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and internet research
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-directed with strong organization and project coordination skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation and dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability to travel, if needed
About the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
AANP is the largest and only full-service professional membership organization in the United States for nurse practitioners (NPs) of all specialties, with more than 67,000 individual members. AANP is unique among NP organizations by its number of members, well established education department, and network of relationships with state‐level groups and academic programs. With a network of more than 200 NP Organization (NPO) members, including other national, state, and local NP organizations, it provides a unique reach to NPs in a wide range of communities and settings.
AANP is a continuing education (CE) accrediting body. As such, AANP CE is not affiliated with or accredited by any other organization. Our accreditation standards are consistent with the philosophy of the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support. All activities accredited by AANP are planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies requiring activities to be fair and balanced (unbiased) and free from commercial influence.
This position is based in Austin, TX at Loop 1/Bee Cave Road
Looking for NP job opportunities or to hire an NP?
Find qualified candidates or search from hundreds of jobs at AANP's Job Center!