Jobs at AANP
AANP is looking for talented individuals to join us in building the premier organization for NPs everywhere. In addition to competitive benefits, AANP offers a creative work environment with the opportunity for personal growth and success. If you can differentiate yourself and make a positive impact for our organization, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Openings
Chief Operating Officer
AANP is seeking a COO to lead operations of its Administration Office in Austin, Texas. AANP has experienced tremendous growth over the last three years, most notably: increased revenues by 84%, increased membership by 83%, and increased staff by 72%. Naturally all operations have increased proportionately. In light of the rapid growth that the association has experienced over the last few years and anticipates continuing into the foreseeable future, the COO is responsible for leading all operational aspects of the Administration Office and will ensure that business processes, operations, staffing, and resources are in place to effectively run the organization and advance strategic goals.
The COO will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the association has the proper operational processes and controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. This position is responsible for finance, membership, conference and meeting planning, information technology, project management, facilities, risk management, human resources, communications and marketing, research, and education.
- Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence and a leadership style that reflects mature interpersonal skills, inspires excellence, rewards accountability, supports team building, enables staff success, and fosters sharing of knowledge and resources
- Drive the association to achieve and surpass performance, financial, and business goals and objectives; lead the development of strategic goals and operating plans; and make decisions in support of those objectives
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external processes, developing & reporting on key metrics, and providing timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the association
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization
- Motivate and lead a high performance leadership team, and provide mentoring for career development
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment throughout the association
- Responsible for managing contract creation, execution, analysis, and negotiation for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational performance and minimizing risk
- Assist with identifying, assessing, and quantifying business risks, and taking measures to control or reduce the risks faced by the organization, including implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Coordinate development and implementation of an annual operations plan to ensure efficient and effective systems and increase productivity
- Collaborate with vice presidents to establish annual budget, and follow through with controls on operations and costs
- Lead & manage the organization's vice presidents in the following areas: Finance & Membership, Conference & Meeting Planning, Information Technology, Project Management, Facilities & Risk Management, Human Resources, Communications & Marketing, Research, and Education
- Exercise significant autonomy and regularly meet with the CEO to provide updates on operations and special projects
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in business or law preferred
- 15 years of experience and a proven track record in operations, diverse business functions, and leadership
- Association leadership experience is a plus
- Experience with contracts and negotiating
- Demonstrated skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, and experience coordinating workflow and resource management
- Experience formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to motivate teams and delegate effectively
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and initiatives
- Skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to the association
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, quantitative, and organizational skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Comfortable making decisions and tactfully dealing with conflict
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with standard office computers and software
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time
This position is based in Austin, TX at South Loop1 and Bee Cave Road
About AANP: American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) formed in 1985 to provide Nurse Practitioners (NPs) with a unified way to network and advocate for NP issues, and it was the first national organization created for nurse practitioners of all specialties. As the largest and only full-service professional membership organization for NPs of all specialties, AANP represents the interests of the more than 220,000 NPs currently practicing in the U. S. and continually advocates at local, state, and federal levels for the recognition of NPs as providers of high-quality, cost-effective, and personalized healthcare.
AANP’s mission is to empower all nurse practitioners to advance quality health care through practice, education, advocacy, research and leadership.
Learn more about AANP at www.aanp.org.
Director of PAC & Federal Advocacy
- Develop and execute a successful fundraising plan for the PAC
- Serve on the PAC Committee; and manage all meetings, correspondence, and activities of the Committee
- Work with lobbyists to identify Members of Congress and elections of strategic importance
- Work with others to host and plan fundraising events for members of Congress and large-scale PAC events at the AANP Annual Conference
- Responsible for PAC administration and compliance, including FEC campaign law and IRS regulations
- Manage the fundraising collection and accounting process to ensure appropriate procedures and guidelines are in place and followed. Maintain a strong knowledge of Federal Election Commission campaign law and Internal Revenue Service regulations to ensure compliance. Monitor the PAC account to ensure financial obligations are met, and manage and authorize timely payments.
- Create draft materials for PAC and grassroots outreach
- Foster and maintain relationships with party organizations and other industry PACs
- Build a grassroots network that will send letters to congress, attend town hall meetings, conduct in-district meetings, and travel to Washington to visit with Members of Congress
- Build a Key-Member Program within the AANP membership
- Lobby Capitol Hill on federal issues of importance to AANP.
- Develop relationships with members of Congress, their senior staff, key executive branch officials, state legislators, and/or government relations representatives from other groups that foster access to the policymaking process and understanding of complex issues.
- Draft and review testimony before Congress and federal regulatory agencies. Review and provide feedback/analysis on legislation and regulations, provide solutions, and draft plans of engagement for Capitol Hill and Agency action.
- Assist in creating issue briefs and other collateral materials needed to promote AANP federal priorities. Draft letters of correspondence to Capitol Hill and various government agencies.
- College degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience in government affairs
- Minimum five years of prior professional work experience, including at least two years of experience in fundraising and filing necessary compliance reports, and including at least two years of grassroots development
- Knowledge of the political process including legislative and executive processes, legislative communication techniques, and the dynamics of politics at the federal level
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations and public speaking
- Strong negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
This position is based in Alexandria, VA near King St. Metro Station
Looking for NP job opportunities or to hire an NP?
Find qualified candidates or search from hundreds of jobs at AANP's Job Center!