Equipping the Next Generation of Nurse Practitioner (NP) Leaders!
You are already an inspiration to your patients and a pillar in your community, but now it's time to take your leadership skills to the next level! In partnership with curriculum from The George Washington University (GWU) and offering approximately 50 contact hours of continuing education, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) Executive Leadership Program includes:
- Two weeks at George Washington University with content and coaching by top experts.
- Week 1: Monday, August 3–Friday, August 7, 2020.
- Week 2: Monday, October 26–Friday, October 30, 2020.
- Webinar: September 17, 2020.
- Additional time requirements include assignments, reading and individual coaching.
- Utilize the roles of leadership to assist participants in developing the mindset and presence of an executive leader (discussed in Week 1 and 2, the webinar and ongoing coaching).
- Demonstrate the skills of leading self, leading people, managing thinking and applying knowledge and experience (discussed in Week 1 and 2, the webinar and ongoing coaching).
- Plan and facilitate systematic change to improve patient and business outcomes at the organizational level (discussed in Week 1 and 2).
- Apply knowledge of political advocacy in health care to advocate with congressional delegations on behalf of AANP (discussed in Week 2).