Equipping the Next Generation of Nurse Practitioner (NP) Leaders!
You are already an inspiration to your patients and a pillar in your community, but now it's time to take your leadership skills to the next level! In partnership with curriculum from The George Washington University (GWU) School of Nursing and offering approximately 50 contact hours of continuing education (CE), the AANP Executive Leadership Program includes two weeks of content and ongoing coaching by top experts.
- Week 1: April 12–16, 2021, presented virtually.
- Week 2: June 10–14, 2021, in Anaheim, California, prior to the 2021 AANP National Conference.
- Webinar: May 19, 2021.
AANP is committed to diversity and inclusion when selecting participants for this program and encourages applicants from a multitude of diverse life experiences and backgrounds to apply.
The application period for the 2021 AANP Executive Leadership Program is now closed. Please stay tuned for details about the 2022 program!
- Utilize the roles of leadership to assist participants in developing the mindset and presence of an executive leader (discussed in Weeks 1 and 2, the webinar and ongoing coaching).
- Demonstrate the skills of leading self, leading people, managing thinking and applying knowledge and experience (discussed in Weeks 1 and 2, the webinar and ongoing coaching).
- Plan and facilitate systematic change to improve patient and business outcomes at the organizational level (discussed in Weeks 1 and 2).
- Apply knowledge of political advocacy in health care to advocate with congressional delegations on behalf of AANP (discussed in Week 1).