NP Public Awareness Campaign
Nurse Practitioners: Patient-centered, accessible, high-quality health care.
For nearly half a century, NPs have provided primary, acute and specialty health care, and today are playing an increasingly important role as primary care givers for millions of Americans nationwide. Holding advanced degrees and completing extensive acute and specialty care preparation, NPs combine clinical expertise in diagnosing and treating health conditions with an added emphasis on disease prevention and health management to assess patients, order and interpret diagnostic tests, make diagnoses, and initiate and manage treatment plans — including prescribing medications.
"With approximately 2/3 of Americans having seen an NP for their primary care needs, Americans make over 916 million visits to NPs every year, making NPs the health care providers of choice for millions of patients," said David Hebert, chief executive officer of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. "Now more than ever, AANP wants to encourage people to look toward NPs for their primary health care needs."
- The television spot aired daily in October and November 2013 on MSNBC "Morning Joe," the weekday morning talk show.
- The radio segment aired on Washington D.C. stations WTOP 103.5 FM and WMAL 105.9 FM and 630 AM.
- The print campaign ran in Roll Call and Politico.
- AANP Press Release on the public awareness campaign, October 9, 2013.
- Visit NP Finder to locate an NP near you.
- View the Nurse Practitioner Infographic.