Begin a lifetime of learning with AANP
AANP Student Membership gives you an advantage in reaching your academic and professional goals. Whether just starting out or furthering your education, AANP offers a variety of membership categories to meet your needs. Become a member today!
Student Member Benefits
Education & Career Essentials
- Exclusive member rates on professional liability and health insurance for students.
- Discounted registration fee for the AANP National Conference, featuring educational sessions and workshops conducted by expert faculty.
- $75 discount on AANP Certification program applications for FNP, ANP and GNP exams. Electronic verification of certification is available.
- Access to AANP CareerLink, a web-based career placement service for NP job seeks and employers.
- Career Starter single year discounted membership for recent graduates of NP programs designed to ease financial transition from student to practicing NP.
- Continuous, proactive advocacy and expert health policy leadership by AANP Health Policy Staff.
Subscriptions & Tools
- Free subscription to AANP SmartBrief, a daily email summary of professional and industry news for NPs.
- Discounted rate on Prescriber’s Letter VIP Member Service.
- Free subscription to the online version of the monthly, scholarly, peer-reviewed Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (JAANP).
- Free registration of practice information on NPFinder.com, the web-based NP locator service.
- Scholarship and grant opportunities.
- AANP | Member Advantages Program
Travel and leisure goods and services
Student Membership Categories
Annual Dues: $ 55
Student Members are members currently enrolled in an entry-level program that prepares nurse practitioners. Student Members shall have the right to vote in state elections. Student members desiring to seek state office must be an AANP member in good standing for the 12 months previous to the date on which the call for nominations begins.
Annual Dues: $ 95
Career Starter is a newly graduated NP who is a current AANP student member. Career Starter members shall have the right to vote and hold elected office at the national and state levels. Career Starter members desiring to seek state or national office must be an AANP member in good standing for the 12 months previous to the date on which the call for nominations begins.
Annual Dues: $ 95
Post Master's Student Members are nurse practitioners who have returned to school for further education. Post Master's members shall have the right to vote and hold elected office at the national and state levels. Post Master's members desiring to seek state or national office must be an AANP member in good standing for the 12 months previous to the date on which the call for nominations begins.
AANP dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for U.S. federal income tax purposes, but may be deductible as a professional expense. AANP estimates that 5% of your dues are not deductible because of AANP's lobbying activities on behalf of its members.